Old March 7th 09, 06:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default How realistic is 'September 09' as a date for NR PAYG?

wrote:

I chose not to live in South London, because the transport links are
so unspeakably bad (with PAYG being a relevant, but minor, aspect of
the general transport dreadfulness of South London). You could have
done the same. Instead, you agreed to live in a horrible desert,
presumably because the rent was cheaper or something.

My choice of location predates the introduction of PAYG and the transport
links here are generally okay (bar National Express's regular failure to
provide rail replacement bus services for engineering works - no the regular
25 service is *not* an adequate fill-in) but if prices are being inflated to
punish me and my neighbours for not taking up a different payment option, it
is absurd if that option is not realistically available.