Old March 8th 09, 10:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default How realistic is 'September 09' as a date for NR PAYG?

On Mar 7, 7:47*pm, "Tim Roll-Pickering" T.C.Roll-
wrote:
solar penguin wrote:
Exactly. *It's a point I've made many times before. *At present, PAYG is
_only_ really useful for those people who just happen to live near a
Tube/Overground/DLR/etc. station. *(Does anyone know if they're the
majority of Londeners? *I don't think so, but it would be interesting to
see some statistics.)

They may not tell the full story though because being close to any
Tube/Overground/DLR/etc station doesn't mean it's your route. I for example
am close to Wanstead Park Overground, but the main station here is Forest
Gate NR. (And I don't think a crude partition of the area by nearest station
would remotely reflect anything.)

Er, leave out the DLR. A couple of stations now have machines for a
couple of months, but in general the DLR has not sold Oyster.

This is why cash fares on the DLR are a clue as to what LU cash fares
would have been if they hadn't been increased to coerce people into
using Oyster.

I wonder if the installation of machines will result in DLR cash fares
being increased?