Old March 8th 09, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
ŽiŠardo ŽiŠardo is offline

Default The wrong type of receipt

Arthur Figgis wrote:
MIG wrote:
On Mar 7, 10:02 pm, "Tim Roll-Pickering" T.C.Roll-
wrote:
MIG wrote:
Having to queue for extensions has been a pain for years, but the
assumption is probably that with Oyster PAYG the problem will go away.
Yes I find it very frustrating because I usually make such journeys
off peak
and find the desks fill up with people asking for awkward stuff and the
queue takes an age. The fact that London Underground machines used to do
paper extension tickets (do they still? I've not used one of the
machines in
yonks) just makes it more annoying that the TOCs don't.

That is, the extension to your season is some PAYG credit on the same
card, as it would be on a purely LU journey now.
That assumes Oyster will be rolled out into the commuter belt beyond
Zone 6
though (although for my particular journey there's talk of moving
Epsom into
the zone - the other stations in the borough were not too long ago) and
no-one seems to be talking about this for all the networks at the
moment.

Ah. Last time I faced the extension frustration it was to go to Epsom
Downs, which is in the zones. I didn't notice Epsom isn't.

Epsom Downs and Banstead were annexed by the zones within the past 2-3
years or so - the zones used to stop at Belmont.

Epsom itself (and Dartford) might make sense for future zonal imperialism.

Isn't Dartford already "zoned"?

--
Moving things in still pictures!