Old March 9th 09, 08:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
pedan3 pedan3 is offline

Default a quick ticketing query

I bow to the superior knowledge of almost everybody here, but this
sounds very much like the situation that got me into so much trouble
on the way to Bedford. See my post of 4th March, in the thread
"Reading Display" of early December.

I don't think I'll be taking any more boundary zone 6 tickets to
anywhere. The way I was treated by the inspectors was terrible and,
had I been impoverished, would have left me stranded in Bedford with
no way back or means of travel in London when I got back. Not to
mention the impending prosecution.

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 19:48:11 GMT, (Neil
Williams) wrote:

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 03:50:41 -0700 (PDT), martin
wrote:

I've got a 16-25 Railcard, and intend to get a Z1-6 off-peak one day
travelcard, and then an off-peak day return to Bletchley. But should
this ticket be from Harrow & Wealdstone (the last calling point), or
Hatch End (the last station in the zones), or is a 'Boundary Zone 6'
available when travelling out of the zones?

Boundary Zone 6 exists for precisely that purpose, and is the one I'd
go for. The others require the train to stop at the changeover point,
so you'd have to use a slow train going back.

Neil