Old March 9th 09, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default a quick ticketing query

In message , at 21:02:55 on
Mon, 9 Mar 2009, pedan3 remarked:
I bow to the superior knowledge of almost everybody here, but this
sounds very much like the situation that got me into so much trouble
on the way to Bedford. See my post of 4th March, in the thread
"Reading Display" of early December.

I don't think I'll be taking any more boundary zone 6 tickets to
anywhere. The way I was treated by the inspectors was terrible and,
had I been impoverished, would have left me stranded in Bedford with
no way back or means of travel in London when I got back. Not to
mention the impending prosecution.

That wasn't anything to do with BZ6 tickets. Quite the reverse. It was
about the ticket you were *extending* (in your case a Freedom Pass).

I agree that it's petty for EMT to fail to accept them.

The equivalent test for extending a Travelcard, is discovering if any
ToCs don't accept them. I think the answer is "only GatEx are that
petty", but maybe others can confirm.