Old March 10th 09, 02:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Thameslink - Metropolitan Junction

Peter Masson wrote:
"Paul Scott" wrote

Was a grade separated Metropolitan Junction a fall back proposal if
four tracking through Borough Market proved impossible?

IMHO the whole Thameslink Project collapses if 4-tracking from London
Bridge to Metropolitan Junction proves impossible. Charing Cross
needs best part of 30 tph in the peak, and Thameslink is based on
16-18 tph via London Bridge in the peak, and you can't run 46-48 tph
on one track.

Yes, I think that much is implied, without the Boriugh four tracking there
would have had to be a total revision of the plans with most Thameslink
trains heading for E&C as in the current peaks. However, having followed
Thameslink developments for a few years now, I don't recall a flyover at
Metropolitan Junction being mentioned much if ever?

Paul