Old March 10th 09, 10:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Batman55 Batman55 is offline

Default Thameslink - Metropolitan Junction

wrote in message
On Mar 10, 4:33 pm, "Peter Masson" wrote:

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
Was a grade separated Metropolitan Junction

can't see the point of a flyover at Metropolitan Junction, and I can't
see

I read the article today and echo the comments upthread, I thought
Met.Jn. conflicts are effectively eliminated by proposed works east of
LB.

At the back of my mind there was a proposal a *very* VERY long time
ago for grade seperating Met.Jn. but I think this goes right back to
early TL2000 ideas even before they called it TL2000 and bears no
resemblance to the present project.

--
Nick

I thought so too. I understood the route would have been to the south of the
present line but was now impossible because the Jubilee extension ran along
the same alignment and no longer provided a safe support!

MaxB