Old March 11th 09, 10:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Just to keep you informed - District Line

In article ,
(Martin J) wrote:

On the District Line today, just about to arrive at the platforms
at Earls Court and we stop just for a minute or so and an
announcement comes over the PA, "we are currently awaiting a
platform to become free, we apologise for this delay". The most
ridiculous thing was the delay was so short there was barely time
for the announcement to be played before we started again and
arrived at the platforms.
Just seemed pointless to me.

Standard at Earls Court. Sometimes the delays are not so short.

--
Colin Rosenstiel