Old March 12th 09, 11:00 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
John Salmon[_3_] John Salmon[_3_] is offline

Default non-refundable tickets

"Charles Ellson" wrote
"Jonathan Morton" wrote:
In similar vein, I have often wondered if it is possible - without
intending
to defraud anyone - to use an Oyster Prepay card for two people travelling
together - i.e. you touch in, pass the card back, touch in again - and the
same at the end, debiting two fares to the card. I suspect it won't work,
as
the machine just interprets the second "touch in" as a "touch out". Is
that
right?

Any intent to use one card for two sets of fares would anyway be
defeated by the cap kicking in at the amount for only one person's
travel.

And that's a defeat for whom?