Old March 13th 09, 07:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Where to buy paper travelcard

On Mar 13, 3:54*am, Davide Trani wrote:
I'll arrive to stansted airport and my hotel is near blackwall. I'll
stay in london for a week so i need a 7day travelcard and I'd like to
buy a paper travelcard to use 2for1 vouchers. A friend suggested me to
take national express coach to stansted, then the jubilee line to
canning town and finally dlr to blackwall. In a previous post you said
in Stratford i can only buy oyster travelcard. So where can i buy the
paper travelcard?

Thanks in advance

I think you meant "... coach to Stratford". I was wondering if there
were any National Rail ticket machines at Stratford that would sell a
seven-day travelcard, but if not (someone will confirm) ...

It depends on the relative prices, how much you are carrying and how
many single fares you are prepared to pay before getting the
travelcard

The quickest option is probably to get a train from Stansted to
Liverpool Street, then get a paper travelcard from the National Rail
ticket office there and then get one of many trains to Stratford from
Liverpool Street (or get the DLR at Bank nearby).

If you had loads of time, you could get the coach to Victoria instead
of Stratford, get a travelcard from the National Rail ticket office
there and then get the Underground.

If you were adventurous you could find Maryland station, which is very
near Stratford, and get it there.

If you don't mind paying a single DLR fare first, you could go by DLR
to Limehouse and (I think) get the travelcard at the National Rail
ticket office.