Old March 13th 09, 01:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] andypurk@gmail.com is offline

Default Where to buy paper travelcard

On 2009-03-13 14:19:41 +0100, Roland Perry said:

In message , at 13:15:55 on
Fri, 13 Mar 2009, Davide Trani remarked:
If you were adventurous you could find Maryland station, which is very
near Stratford, and get it there.
*Stratford is a much bigger station - why won't a paper Travelcard be
available from there?

http://groups.google.it/group/uk.tra...hread/thread/f
e176607afa9c4d1?hl=it#

Paul
said the travel card will be issued on oyster if i buy it at Stratford....

OK. So that raises the question: What's the disadvantage of an
Oyster-held Travelcard as opposed to a paper one? In other words, where
will it not be accepted that a paper one would.

2for1 offers are valid only with rail tickets or paper travelcards
(with rail sign on it)

This isn't true, they are available for use with any travelcard.
However, you do need the record card to prove that you've got a
travelcard on your oystercard. (I don't know what the situation is
with weekly travelcards on Oyster and record cards). I've never had a
problem with my annual travelcard on Oyster, but that has the
associated Gold Card.