Old March 13th 09, 01:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Where to buy paper travelcard

In message
,
writes

On 13 Mar, 13:31, Davide Trani wrote:
2for1 offers are valid only with rail tickets or paper travelcards
(with rail sign on it)

This isn't true, they are available for use with any travelcard.
However, you do need the record card to prove that you've got a
travelcard on your oystercard. (I don't know what the situation is
with weekly travelcards on Oyster and record cards).

According to the 2for1 website:

http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/faq.aspx

"The 2for1 London Attractions partners DO NOT recognise Oyster Cards as
being valid accompanying rail tickets."

I've never had a problem with my annual travelcard on Oyster, but that
has the associated Gold Card.

I suspect the Gold Card makes a big difference. Just presenting an
Oyster would not be proof that it is valid for the day concerned (unless
the attraction concerned had Oyster readers).

--
Paul Terry