Old March 13th 09, 01:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] andypurk@gmail.com is offline

Default Where to buy paper travelcard

On 13 Mar, 14:16, Paul Terry wrote:
In message
,
writes

On 13 Mar, 13:31, Davide Trani wrote:
2for1 offers are valid only with rail tickets or paper travelcards
(with rail sign on it)

This isn't true, they are available for use with any travelcard.
However, you do need the record card to prove that you've got a
travelcard on your oystercard. (I don't know what the situation is
with weekly travelcards on Oyster and record cards).

According to the 2for1 website:

http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/faq.aspx

"The 2for1 London Attractions partners DO NOT recognise Oyster Cards as
being valid accompanying rail tickets."

I've never had a problem with my annual travelcard on Oyster, but that
has the associated Gold Card.

I suspect the Gold Card makes a big difference. Just presenting an
Oyster would not be proof that it is valid for the day concerned (unless
the attraction concerned had Oyster readers).

Yes, but that is mentioning Oyster used as a rail ticket, not as a
travelcard. That's why I asked about the record card for weekly
tickets, you used to always get one of these when you bought a weekly
on Oyster, but I don't know if they stopped. The site doesn't realise
that Travelcards on oyster ARE a national rail ticket, (unlike PAYG
most of the time). It would strike me as a bit odd if you could buy a
1 day travelcard from a LU ticket on paper and it would be valid, but
a 7 day one from the same spot is invalid because it is on Oyster
(again assuming that there is a record of the travelcard purchase),
after all the prices are same whether bought from LU or National Rail.