Old March 13th 09, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Where to buy paper travelcard

In message
,
writes

That's why I asked about the record card for weekly
tickets, you used to always get one of these when you bought a weekly
on Oyster, but I don't know if they stopped.

I think the current position is that record cards are only issued for
monthlies (and not even then if they are purchased online or by phone)
and for annuals.

It would strike me as a bit odd if you could buy a
1 day travelcard from a LU ticket on paper and it would be valid, but
a 7 day one from the same spot is invalid because it is on Oyster
(again assuming that there is a record of the travelcard purchase),
after all the prices are same whether bought from LU or National Rail.

I think the difficulty would be getting a record card for a 7 day: I may
be wrong, but I don't think they are available.
--
Paul Terry