Old March 14th 09, 03:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Where to buy paper travelcard

On Mar 14, 2:10*am, James Farrar wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in news:BqAul.126119
:

Related to this, can anyone who has seen an LU paper 1-day travelcard
recently please tell me whether it now carries the National Rail
double-arrow logo as well as the LU Roundel? *I've seen photos of two
designs, one headed:

[LU roundel] [NR double-arrow] Day Travelcard

and the other one headed with a continuous repeating pattern:

...on Underground *[LU roundel] *London Underground *[LU Roundel]
London Undergr...

Which is the current one?

I believe the former was purchased at a ticket office/Ticket Stop and the
latter at a Tube station ticket machine.

For variety, I have one from 9 February which has, along the top, "[LU
roundel] Docklands Light Railway" three times.

It has no NR logo anywhere.

But I think the difference is more likely to be based on whether it
comes from a machine, which would have only one kind of ticket blank.
The logo isn't likely to be printed at the time of purchase, so the
question is whether LU ticket offices have different ticket blanks for
travelcards.