Old March 17th 09, 06:00 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] adrian_auerhudson@yahoo.com is offline

Default Moorgate Thameslink platforms....

On Mar 15, 9:24*am, "Peter Masson" wrote:
"Martin Petrov" wrote in message

will anything happen to them now? I can't see what COULD be done with
them, but are there any ambitious cunning ways to use them in the
offing?

Alternative terminating platform for Metropolitan line services?

There are two Met terminal platforms that are hardly used - do they still
use them for stabling between the peaks? Enough passengers want Liverpool
Street main line station, or offices east of Moorgate, that it would be daft
to terminate trains at Moorgate that could go on to Aldgate.
How will access to the Liverpool Street/Moorgate Crossrail station affect
Moorgate?

Peter

It is a pity that there is no practical use for the terminal platforms
at Moorgate. I remember them being seriously refurbished in the
1980s. But the former LMS and LNER connection will cease with the
Thameslink upgrade.

Aldgate is clearly a more passenger convenient location for turning LT
trains. Albeit, the location is cramped and operationally awkward.

Maybe TfL can learn from Network rail and put a small shopping mall in
the area currently occupied by the terminal platforms.