Old March 18th 09, 12:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
EE507[_2_] EE507[_2_] is offline

Default 377 on Thameslink

On Mar 18, 1:20*pm, John B wrote:
Just been to a meeting in London Bridge, for which I was 30 mins late
due to Thameslink Programme-related amusement.

Went to Farringdon to catch the 1029 to Brighton, which was initially
reported as 2 mins late, then eventually turned up at 1035. To my mild
surprise, it was a Southern-liveried 377/2 - didn't get the unit
number.

Even if the AC/DC problems were a glitch, there is literally no chance
of keeping to the rush-hour timetable if they can't sort out the door
opening delays...

The typical door release delay at Victoria is about 15 seconds - one
would hope that this can be achieved at SPILL, Farringdon and City. 90
seconds at each of those = timetable chaos.