Old March 19th 09, 09:39 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default 377 on Thameslink

On Mar 18, 10:55*pm, wrote:
"Paul Rigg" wrote in message

How on earth can GPS be used at St Pancras LL or for that matter City
Thameslink.

You need to have a clear view of the sky - I would also have though
Farringdon (or any other station with a roof) would have been difficult..,

Repeaters? Leaky wires?

Wouldn't work with GPS because it relies on specific delays from the
satellites to work out where it is. If you rebroadcast a GPS signal
your position will be shown as where the initial receiver is , not
where you are. In theory you could retime the signals or broadcast
your own fake signals but I imagine that sort tech wouldn't come cheap
though maybe I'm wrong and its available in Maplins these days!

B2003