Old March 19th 09, 01:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] spam@johnband.org is offline

Default 377 on Thameslink

On Mar 19, 1:15*pm, wrote:
There may be another reason for GSM, but not for postioning, and there
may well be GSM/SDO postioning somewhere, but not underground.

The problem therefore should not affect FCC/TL.

So the question then becomes, how easy is it to disable the GPS/SDO on
the 377/2 units? I assume that it won't be as easy as flipping a
switch, but will need an alteration to the units' software. Hopefully
the 377/5s will be delivered without the SDO enabled.

It's possible that the delay on the doors yesterday was for some other
reason, I suppose - I assumed GPS as I knew about the problems with
the 377 doors on SN. No idea what else it might be though.

(side note: some kind Google Groups user has marked my original post
as 1*, which seems a bit weird given that it's first-hand research on
an interesting and relevant railway topic. To which I can only say
'stick your ****ing head up your arse and leave it there til you die,
you petulant ****').

--
John Band