Old March 19th 09, 02:04 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] andypurk@gmail.com is offline

Default 377 on Thameslink

On 19 Mar, 14:21, wrote:
On Mar 19, 1:15*pm, wrote:

There may be another reason for GSM, but not for postioning, and there
may well be GSM/SDO postioning somewhere, but not underground.

The problem therefore should not affect FCC/TL.

So the question then becomes, how easy is it to disable the GPS/SDO on
the 377/2 units? I assume that it won't be as easy as flipping a
switch, but will need an alteration to the units' software. Hopefully
the 377/5s will be delivered without the SDO enabled.

It's possible that the delay on the doors yesterday was for some other
reason, I suppose - I assumed GPS as I knew about the problems with
the 377 doors on SN. No idea what else it might be though.

It could well have been another reason, but 90s does sound
suspiciously like the original delays at Victoria.

(side note: some kind Google Groups user has marked my original post
as 1*, which seems a bit weird given that it's first-hand research on
an interesting and relevant railway topic. To which I can only say
'stick your ****ing head up your arse and leave it there til you die,
you petulant ****').

Well, I never use the Google Ratings, but I've gone back and given you
a 5, to keep your ranking up

--
John Band
john at johnband dot orgwww.johnband.org