Old December 16th 03, 03:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Coleman Andy Coleman is offline

Default Claiming a refund after Camden Town derailment

Hi,

I renewed my annual travelcard at Finchley Central last weekend and
was expecting to get some sort of refund due to the problems after the
Camden Town derailment. But it seems I have to fill out a customer
charter form to get the refund and that I should have filled in the
form within 14 days of the delay.

I'm sure in the past I have just got a refund when the ticket was
renewed, but the staff at FC reckoned this would only be if there had
been any strike days and there were none in the past 12 months.

So if I fill in the form now what are my chances of getting a refund?

Also the form seems to be orientated towards single journey delays as
it asks for the date and length of the delay.

On an unrelated issues is there a reason why the driver of the train
needs to blow into their microphone when they make an announcement? On
my journey in this morning the driver preceded every announcement with
two blows into the microphone. Presumably they use it so infrequently
they need to blow the dust out

Thanks
Andrew