Old March 20th 09, 02:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Complusory Bus Stops

In message of Fri, 20 Mar 2009
13:00:23 in uk.transport.london, Batman55 writes
"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 11:25:20 on Fri, 20 Mar
2009, Barry Salter remarked:
There was a proposal floated that ALL bus stops would be treated as a
hybrid of the two types, based on observation of "normal" practice.
Namely:

1) All buses SHOULD stop at a bus stop if it looks like someone wishes to
board.

[snip]

Yes, and the bus you actually want sneaks round the outside and departs in a
cloud of dust, or spray!

I was on a 76 which did this in February 2007 at Aldwych.
I was advised it should not happen.
I can't quote the details as Arriva responded to my email by snail mail.
It is curious that TfL's contractors don't seem able to reply by email.
--
Walter Briscoe