Old March 20th 09, 04:36 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

In message , at 17:09:49 on
Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Steve Firth remarked:
The odd thing is that in each of street scenes I've looked at adults'
faces tend to be blurred, childrens' faces are not.

It seems to me that they blur things that look circular, including the
hubcaps on cars. Maybe a lot of childrens faces are more oval than their
algorithm can cope with.

I'm sure I read somewhere that their "algorithm" consists of paying
people less than the minimum wage to stare at images on-line and click
on the faces.

And they blur out people's arms, car hubcaps and bits of roadsigns,
because they are bored?