Old March 20th 09, 06:12 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Moorgate Thameslink platforms....

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Stephen O'Connell wrote:

Peter Masson wrote:
wrote

What is going to happen with the FCC Thameslink bays at Moorgate
once the last train leaves, which I understand will be on 20 March.

That's what most of this thread is about. They will remain available
for several months, but no passenger trains are likely to use them.
After the junction at Farringdon is severed, the consensus here is
that there will then be no rail use for them.

I like the shopping mall idea, as mentioned above! But they'll probably
just sit there derelict for years.

The best idea i've come up with is to use them to extend the DLR from Bank
to Farringdon. I'm not entirely sure how you get from Farringdon to
Moorgate, though - might need to do a lap round Finsbury Circus to gain
enough altitude.

tom

--
In my view, this is no different than a parent introducing his child to
Shakespeare (except that the iambic pentameter is replaced by a framework