Old March 21st 09, 03:37 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] d7666@hotmail.com is offline

Default Moorgate Thameslink platforms....

On Mar 21, 4:31 pm, "Peter Masson" wrote:
"Stephen O'Connell" wrote

The best idea i've come up with is to use them to extend the DLR from
Bank to Farringdon. I'm not entirely sure how you get from Farringdon
to Moorgate, though - might need to do a lap round Finsbury Circus to
gain enough altitude.

I doubt there would be the funding made available for such a scheme,
even if the rquired tunnelling could be achieved.

Isn't the long term wish list for the Bank branch of the DLR to extend it to
Charing Cross, perhaps terminating in the Jubilee Line platforms? I'm not
sure what if any intermediate stations would be included.

Peter

(Liverpool Street) / Moorgate / Barbican / Farringdon / (City)
pedestrian walkway / travolator link.

I don't think trying to incorporate the route into any exisitng rail
route or scheme makes any sense, it just does not fit, so use it for
passengers to get to other existing stations.

--
Nick