Old March 21st 09, 05:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Lawrence[_2_] Peter Lawrence[_2_] is offline

Default London - Met widened lines query.

Exploring the furthest reaches Barbican station I noticed a third
tunnel mouth at the western end of the platforms, between the TL and
KU tunnels, and what looked like a ground frame, still connected to
point rods disaooearing into the ballast, between the TL tracks. Were
these related to the former Smithfield goods station? ( I thought
Smithfield goods was south of the TL tracks, as showm at
http://www.londonrailways.net/snowhill.htm.)
--
Peter Lawrence