Old March 21st 09, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Complusory Bus Stops

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 04:25:07 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T
wrote:

I stupidly never responded to the consultation but I absolutely hate
that idea, i.e. that any passing bus would have to stop if there were
passengers at the bus stop, and I hope it never happens.

It works extremely well in Germany, though this is because stops with
more than one or two routes are not common. It's far more friendly
than the typical UK situation with 4 buses head to tail and another
one overtaking, which is usually the one you want.

It's usual to wave a bus through and visibly step back from the kerb
if you do *not* want it.

Neil

--
Neil Williams