Old March 21st 09, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Complusory Bus Stops

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 14:36:28 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

That's easily solved with a light next to the driver that comes on as
soon as someone rings a bell, saying "STOPPING". All my local buses have
one.

There is a particular stop by me where even this doesn't always work -
the driver is distracted coming off the roundabout and forgets. I'm
not quite sure of the solution to this, other than ringing the bell
twice, once after the previous stop and once as a reminder just before
the stop, which so far seems to work.

Neil

--
Neil Williams