Old March 23rd 09, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] Mait001@aol.com is offline

Default Complusory Bus Stops

b) Buses will stop without a signal for pedestrians waiting at Bus
Stops;

Those whose offices are 55 Broadway or Windsor House or wherever these
naive twits now inhabit really are detached from reality!

but I believe: buses will not
pass buses stopped at stops unless the drivers can see no pedestrians
are waiting, the bus is full or for other good reasons I can't think of.

Yes, and I believe in the tooth fairy too!

At Clapham Junction, the first stop leaving the terminating point is a
Compulsory stop in Falcon Lane, where there are often numerous buses
jamming up the area around the stop itself. Sometimes, I have to
pyhsically stand in the middle of the road, at the risk of being run
over, to prevent a 295 from NOT stopping there, even though the driver
cannot, obviously, know that some of the crowd of people at the bus
stop want to get on! The same is true at the Southbound stop at
Notting Hill Gate, where often a number of buses are congregated, and
unless physically stopped, a 28, for example, will happily sail past
without even checking if anyone wants to board.

Marc.