Old March 23rd 09, 05:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

Default 377 on Thameslink

wrote in message

321's have never been passed to work to Enfield Town or Cheshunt via
Southbury AFAIK.

I'm sure that they are passed for Cheshunt via Southbury, as the
profile and equipment is the same as the Class 322 units built for the
Stansted Express. I'd also be surprised if they couldn't goto Enfield
Town, as 322s would have been surveyed for that route when they ran to
Stansted.

Hmm good point. Before my commuting time where those units so I never saw
one out here. I can't think I've *ever* seen a 321 on 'our side' in the last
15 years+

As FCC are only getting 10 class 321 units, I don't see why there
couldn't be a cascade of only 9-10 317s from NXEA, NXEA would still
have plenty of 317s if there are route clearance issues. Splitting the
321 fleet into so many bits seems short-sighted, but as it is DfT
involved, we shouldn't be surprised.

I Don't know how many we have at the moment, I didn't think it was a lot but
I know it was split with FCC.

They could get rid of the 317/5's (Awful units) and the one off /7 they did
and keep the 6's

Aren't FCC in line to get the ex NLL 313's ? and I'm sure someone on here
said something about some more 315's coming our way (Although I don't know
who else has any)