Old March 23rd 09, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] andypurk@gmail.com is offline

Default 377 on Thameslink

On Mar 23, 6:46*pm, "Q" ..@.. wrote:
wrote in message

321's have never been passed to work to Enfield Town or Cheshunt via
Southbury AFAIK.

I'm sure that they are passed for Cheshunt via Southbury, as the
profile and equipment is the same as the Class 322 units built for the
Stansted Express. I'd also be surprised if they couldn't goto Enfield
Town, as 322s would have been surveyed for that route when they ran to
Stansted.

Hmm good point. Before my commuting time where those units so I never saw
one out here. I can't think I've *ever* seen a 321 on 'our side' in the last
15 years+

Having checked my records, I had 321 362 from Broxbourne - Southbury -
Liverpool Street on 15/09/1990 and have had several other units on the
Cambridge - Seven Sisters - Liverpool Street route around the same
time.

As an aside, during the August 1991Network Day, I had a ride on 322
483 on the Clacton branch and we clipped the platform edge at (I
think) Wivenhoe. The steps on the 322 unitss were slightly different
to those on the 321s which had been cleared to Clacton already.

As FCC are only getting 10 class 321 units, I don't see why there
couldn't be a cascade of only 9-10 317s from NXEA, NXEA would still
have plenty of 317s if there are route clearance issues. Splitting the
321 fleet into so many bits seems short-sighted, but as it is DfT
involved, we shouldn't be surprised.

I Don't know how many we have at the moment, I didn't think it was a lot but
I know it was split with FCC.

NXEA have all the 317 5xx (15 units), 6xx (24 units), 7xx (9 units)
and 8xx (12 units) and FCC only have the remaining unconverted 317 3xx
(12 units). So maybe FCC should get more 321s and cascade their
remaining 317s to NXEA. I must say, I hadn't realised that FCC had so
few 317s left.

They could get rid of the 317/5's (Awful units) and the one off /7 they did
and keep the 6's

Of course, the 317/3, 317/5, /7 and /8 are all the same basic unit,
with different interiors.

Aren't FCC in line to get the ex NLL 313's ? and I'm sure someone on here
said something about some more 315's coming our way (Although I don't know
who else has any)

FCC should be getting most of the NLL 313s, but NXEA already have all
the 315s, since the Liverpool Street - Cambridge route went to them at
the franchise changeover.