Old March 23rd 09, 09:06 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] adrian_auerhudson@yahoo.com is offline

Default (Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the worldwithin 12 years

On Mar 23, 1:58*pm, TimB wrote:
On Mar 23, 8:42 pm, "tim....." wrote:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to..._sectors/trans...

Aha. So they're saying 'It is much cheaper to safeguard the land at
the start' [for quadrupling] rather than actually planning to build
four tracks from the start. Fair enough. And the plan is to connect
with Heathrow Express at Old Oak rather than running the HSL via
Heathrow - also sensible, I think.

This looks excellent. I will believe when constructions starts!

Although, I am not convinced that a Central London (Well Camden)
terminal is impossible. Accessing Euston with its spare capacity
would not be that difficult.