Old March 24th 09, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Still can't get used to seeing trains with pantographs at Shortlands

Mizter T wrote:
On 23 Mar, 07:32, Rupert Candy
wrote:
...or 'St Albans' on destination screens, or 319s in their myriad
liveries (some with 'This is a Thameslink route service operated by
First Capital Connect' stickers in the windows).

But here they are, and it's finally started. I never thought I'd see
it!

I see the LDB service can't quite handle the jointly operated FCC/
Southeastern Kentish Town to Sevenaoaks service - northbound they are
labelled as Southeastern, southbound as FCC. Not sure that it actually
matters that much, though as with any inaccurate information it's a
potential source of passenger confusion.

It is a known inconsistency with LDBs - there are situations elsewhere, such
as Newcastle, where jointly run services are shown arriving as Scotrail and
returning as Northern. I believe it is just that LDB uses only the first TOC
shown where two are in the system.

However, IIRC the platform indicators at St Pancras were showing
Southeastern on appropriate southbound trains - perhaps they are locally
altered?

Paul S