Old December 17th 03, 06:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr Ivan D. Reid Dr Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default Oyster Price Capping from March

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:15:33 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote in :
On 15 Dec 2003 03:06:52 -0800, (umpston) wrote:

[snip]
From March 2004 you will also be able to use your Pre-pay Oyster card
on London Buses and this is when fare capping will be introduced.
Your card will then recognise that you have made multiple journeys and
will take off the cheapest fare available for the journeys that you
have made.

Hmmm - that is a rather odd answer to me. If fares are capped to the
price of the equivalent day ticket for the zones travelled through there
should come a point where no more deductions are made because you've
reached the cap. That is not how I read the answer you received - i.e.
to take off the cheapest fare for each trip made. It would only work if
there is a price of zero pence.

I read it differently, Paul. It says "...for the journeys...",
not "...for each journey..."; I take it to mean the totality of the
journeys, not each one individually.

Methinks I need to talk to the Prestige team!

But yes, a clarification wouldn't go astray. ;-)

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University.