Old March 24th 09, 12:41 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Google puts (some of) Britain on the map

AdeV wrote:

Presumably, in the play, the offending grandfather's home was bulldozed
in order to make way for a rainforest-friendly carbon-neutral lesbian
basket weaving centre?

Oh probably. The entire thing was a farce. I started off, like Brian,
thinking that the play was a satire on eco-****wits. However as it went
on it became clear that no, it was deadly serious and that any
"solution" proposed by the Monbiot hit squad was accepted without
challenge.

I think it was called "Getting to Zero" it may be on iplayer still. One
thing that had me laughing was that the family was intending to have a
holiday in Spain and the "team" suggested that they could go to Brittany
by ferry to have a "zero carbon" lifestyle.

What sort of world does Monbiot live in where a ferry is "zero carbon"?

The program seemed to gloss over how they would get to the ferry and
away from the ferry. It also featured the use of EVs with no indication
of where the energy for the EV was to come from and several pathetic
"Road to Damascus" events in the father's life as he eschewed all forms
of carbon.
I could see where Duhg gets some of his wetter ideas from. In the play
they made a great fuss about the family choosing to live in the country
with Monbiot making Duhg-like assertions about them "choosing to have a
high carbon lifestyle."