Old March 24th 09, 03:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Still can't get used to seeing trains with pantographs at Shortlands

wrote:
On Mar 24, 12:38 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Neil Williams wrote:
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 02:32:44 -0500, Rupert Candy
wrote:

But here they are, and it's finally started. I never thought I'd
see it!

And the Metty Line wasn't unduly full between Farringdon and
Moorgate this morning, contrary to what I expected.

Are they all walking either from there or City Thameslink, or didn't
many people use the Moorgate branch anyway? (Can't say I ever paid
that much attention)

During the peak, pax crossing the northern footbridges from the down
Thameslink platform can be conveniently shepherded straight out the
station:

http://railscenelondon.fotopic.net/p57089072.html

Perhaps they never got to the Met/Circle/H&C?

That's an impressive set of photos. I can't believe they started
lifting the track at Blackfriars on the first day of closure -

I think they may have started the dismantling late on Friday night, or at
least Saturday - probably a good way of concentrating everybody's minds on
the changes to Southeastern terminating trains, that's for sure...

....and what looks like a new set of stairs from Blackfriars platform 5!

A chap working at Blackfriars yesterday reckoned the overall roof is being
shortened very soon, there is a temporary footbridge going in directly from
those P5 stairs to provide another route to the middle of P4...

Paul S