Old March 24th 09, 04:51 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] adrian_auerhudson@yahoo.com is offline

Default (Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the worldwithin 12 years

On Mar 24, 10:07*am, Michael Bell wrote:
In message
* * * * * Charles Ellson wrote:

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:41:30 GMT, Michael Bell
wrote:
In message
ups.com
* * * * *Neil *Williams wrote:

On 24 Mar, 09:27, "Lüko Willms" wrote:

*Do all Londoners live within the immediate vicinity of Euston Station
or St. Pancras?

No. *But I'd venture that the majority of travel involving London is
people going *into* it from outside to work, not *out* of it for
leisure. *So where they live is less relevant than ensuring that it is
easy to get to/from workplaces in central London.

Neil

Don't forget the important shopping and theatre traffic.

Important to whom ? Most people don't get the urge to visit Egyptian
grocers' shops and are adequately served by the shop(s) and/or
supermarket down the road.

Traffic to the west end for shopping and to the theatres are certainly
important traffic streams for the owners of those businesses. Largely
off-peak, so easier to cope with, but these people also have a voice
and will want their interests to protected.

The was a time when there was a mini rush hour at about 10:30 in the
evening when the theater shows ended. I don't know if that is still
the case.