Old March 24th 09, 09:00 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default (Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the world within 12 years

In message , at 18:30:24 on Tue,
24 Mar 2009, Paul Terry remarked:
The was a time when there was a mini rush hour at about 10:30 in the
evening when the theater shows ended. I don't know if that is still
the case.

It is. Between 10pm and 11pm it is often impossible to board a
westbound Piccadilly train at Leicester Square because of the crowds. I
often let several go before finding one that I can just about get
shoe-horned into - even then it's often standing room only until
Hammersmith.

but you won't find that 10pm rush hour penetrating as far as Intercity
services. Most major London termini are deserted from 8pm onwards.