Old March 24th 09, 10:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] andypurk@gmail.com is offline

Default Extra Watford Junction - Euston services from May

On Mar 24, 9:51*pm, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:49:08 -0000, "Paul Scott"

wrote:
I wonder if back then they were not expecting to retain any 321s once the
350/2s had all arrived.

They were - they let slip that they were keeping 7 at the MtM before
the one when they mentioned the Watford services, as I recall.

Maybe LM persuaded DfT that it was a bit silly to be trumpeting an
increase in capacity without LM actually having any more units to run
their services. I assume that the 321s will be kept at least until LM
get their share of the 1300 DfT vehicles (although that was only an
extra 4 x 4 coach units for Euston - Northampton) or maybe until the
planned IEP units arrive to replace the Northampton Fasts.