Old March 25th 09, 05:38 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default (Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the world within 12 years

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 07:00:53 +0100, "L=?ISO-8859-1?B?/A==?=ko Willms"
wrote:

Sure, but even then, this is more than just Euston Road from Euston
Station to King's Cross, isn't it?

Yes, but it's Central London, which is pretty much an area bounded by
the Circle Line plus a bit, give or take Canary Wharf.

OK, I got that point. But does London have one particular center
like one place or street crossing where everything happens and where
everybody wants or has to go? Don't people who arrive at Euston Road
from somewhere north do not have to use "the creakingly slow
LUL/LOROL", buses, or taxis?

Yes, but (Crossrail aside, which is a good point if the terminus was
in the west) they will have to use it for longer, which will offset
some of the gains.

Neil

--
Neil Williams