Old March 25th 09, 12:16 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] spam@johnband.org is offline

Default (Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the worldwithin 12 years

On Mar 25, 1:08*am, wrote:
actually think it's an inspired choice. And it's not like London's the
first city to do this: west of the Pond, both JFK and Newark do the
same thing. (Newark has a dedicated 'airport station' at the end of
the inter-terminal tramway; JFK connects its to a rail interchange hub
a few miles away. And both charge premium fares for riding the
internal circulation system to the railhead.)

Is that charging structure new, at Newark?

I haven't been there for a few years, but I'm 90% sure that last time
I was there I caught the standard inter-terminal monorail-type-thing,
for free, to the Amtrak/NJ Transit station.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org