Old March 25th 09, 12:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heathrow to Central London

In message
, at
05:04:00 on Wed, 25 Mar 2009, sweek
remarked:
Euston may not be on the Piccadilly line but King's Cross - St.
Pancras station is very close to it. I would suggest you get on a
Piccadilly line train from Heathrow (completely step-free) and just
stay on all the way to King's Cross - St. Pancras. There you go up the
escalator and walk to the exit.

At the top of the escalator at Kings Cross, go through the barriers then
look to your left. In the corner is a very small lift, which will take
you up to street level.

And here's another set of options:

Rather than taking the tube from Heathrow, what about using Heathrow
Connect? It's a relatively new service that's cheaper than Heathrow
Express (but runs the same route, more slowly), £6.90.

At Paddington, the simplest thing would be to take the short escalators
down to the Underground ticket hall, then it's level to the clockwise
Circle Line platform. Get off at Euston Square (but this involves
steps). Or stay on until Kings Cross, there's a pair of lifts (one each
side of the barriers) to street level then walk (OK if you have luggage
with wheels, perhaps, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it).

My own "extreme stepless" route would be Bakerloo Line from Paddington
to Piccadilly Circus, cross platform to northbound (I hope...), then
cross platform to Victoria Line at Oxford Circus, Victoria Line exit at
Euston.