Old March 25th 09, 01:15 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] marlborobell@gmail.com is offline

Default (Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the worldwithin 12 years

On Mar 25, 9:16*am, wrote:
On Mar 25, 1:08*am, wrote:

Is that charging structure new, at Newark?

I haven't been there for a few years, but I'm 90% sure that last time
I was there I caught the standard inter-terminal monorail-type-thing,
for free, to the Amtrak/NJ Transit station.

No, it isn't new. It's just that it was built into the price of your
rail ticket. If you'd bought a ticket to the next station on
(Elizabeth), it would have been nearly $10 less (it's $15 from Penn to
the airport, $5.50 from Penn to Elizabeth). The last time I caught
this train (as it happens, I _was_ going to Elizabeth), tickets were
collected from most passengers by the conductor, but airport
passengers had to retain their ticket to prove at the airport station
that they'd actually paid the $10 supplement.