Old March 25th 09, 04:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Heathrow to Central London

On 25 Mar, 16:57, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
09:06:04 on Wed, 25 Mar 2009, "John @ home"
remarked:

My own "extreme stepless" route would be Bakerloo Line from Paddington
to Piccadilly Circus, cross platform to northbound (I hope...), then
cross platform to Victoria Line at Oxford Circus, Victoria Line exit at
Euston.

I don't think southbound Bakerloo to northbound Bakerloo is step-free
at Piccadilly Circus. Perhaps Roland meant to write Charing Cross.

I was guessing that it was stepless at Piccadilly Circus, but now you
come to mention it, I think it's not an island platform because there's
a crossover. Is Charing Cross the closest island platform?

Yes it would be.

The island platforms on the original Bakerloo seem to have been
Paddington, Trafalgar Square and Elephant & Castle. The terminuses I
can understand, due to using both sides. I don't know why Trafalgar
Square (now Charing Cross) was different from the rest.