Old March 25th 09, 05:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Extra Watford Junction - Euston services from May

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 03:23:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

8 coach services to St. Albans looks expensive!! All of the stations
would need extended platforms and St. Albans Abbey might be a bit
cramped to fit a longer platform in. I'm not saying that it isn't a
good idea, but it would be easier to get the 30 min service running
first, with the loop at Bricket Wood (which was the original plan) and
maybe adding 4 coaches at Watford Junction. I.e. work the service like
the Birmingham services which detach / attach at Northampton.

Fair point, and you'd require 2 fewer units (I think), as the two that
were on the branch while 1 is sitting in the platform at Watford would
only be 4-car.

Neil

--
Neil Williams