Old March 25th 09, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Complusory Bus Stops

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:38:16 +0000, David Cantrell
wrote:

I suppose I should put in some complaints about drivers not announcing
that the next stop is closed.

I've seen these, but "the next stop is closed" is useless to probably
about half of passengers who might want it, unless announced while at
the previous one with the doors open (and remaining open long enough
for changes of mind).

And why can't iBus just be told that a particular stop is closed for a
particular route, then the announcements work automatically? It
doesn't seem a difficult thing to do - nor would the one about "The
destination of this bus has changed" to be automatically followed by a
"NN to XX" announcement, which it isn't, but again while at a stop to
allow changes of mind.

Mind you, at least we *have* iBus. MK Metro have just installed
satellite tracking, but have failed to be bothered to install an
on-bus PIS to go with it.

Neil

--
Neil Williams