Old December 17th 03, 09:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default Tottenham Court Road escalators, December 2003.

"Boltar" wrote in message
om...

Oh here we go , they standard issue "if you think you can do better why

don't
you try". Yeah , I'll just go get a grant for a few hundred million to set
up my own factory. Meanwhile , back in the real world I would suggest that
the reason they take so long to fix is that LU gives them all the time in

the
world to get it done , so consequently they don't bother to work hard.

Don't you think the likes of Otis or Kone would be turning round an
escalator refurbishment in six weeks if it was possible? Consider the
benifits - reduction in total wage cost per machine, more machines
refurbished per annum = huge profits for the private company and and
increased dividend for shareholders. Perhaps the management within those
private companies are dullards...

BTW, have you ever been in an escalator machine room, do you really realise
how complicated and what a constrained place it is?