Old March 26th 09, 06:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Lüko Willms Lüko Willms is offline

Default (Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the world within 12 years

Am Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:48:43 UTC, schrieb Mizter T
auf uk.railway :

* The two lines would be linked together with a central station
underneath Euston Road between Euston Station and King's Cross... The
Eastern branch would have a direct link coming from Ebbsfleet Int'l to
the North.

Excellent. Not quite sure what happens to the evicted Circle/Met line,
water and gas mains and sewer that currently reside underneath Euston
Road. I'm pretty sure the British Library is fairly firmly installed
at their new-ish location too.

To avoid the catastrophy of the Cologne Historical Archive which
fell into the underground building site for a underground line...

I think the British Library is a further back from the road, though.

Cheers,
L.W.