Old March 26th 09, 06:31 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Lüko Willms Lüko Willms is offline

Default (Times): Britain to have fastest train service in the world within 12 years

Am Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:40:54 UTC, schrieb Mizter T
auf uk.railway :

This railfaneurope.net page suggests that the split in ownership of
Eurostar Group Ltd is EUKL 33%, SNCF 62%, SNCB/NMBS 5% - ok, so LCR is
a partner through it's wholly owned subsidiary EUKL rather than a
direct partner in Eurostar Group Ltd, but that's just a technicality.

No, it isnt. Since if the British share in Eurostar Group Ltd were
held by L&CR, a sale of EUKL would not pass this ownership to the
buyer of EUKL, but stay with L&CR, among whose owners one finds
SNCF...

Railfaneurope... I wait for a reply from SNCF Participations to my
query...

* And if, if neither the owner of the British Eurostar trainsets
(EUKL) nor the company which is the railway undertaking running those
trains on British soil (ICRR) are partners in Eurostar Group Ltd, on
what contractual basis can Eurostar Group Ltd interfere in the
business of EUKL and ICRR?

Read what I said! I did mention LCR.

Sure, but EUKL handed management of Eurostar on Great Britain over
to ICRR. What is then left to EUKL to do? I would think that not EUKL,
but ICRR is the partner in Eurostar Group Ltd, and that the 62% which
SNCF gives on their SNCF-Participations website is the addition of a
direct share and the indirect via ICRR.

Cheers,
L.W.