Old March 27th 09, 12:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Does Boris back courts biased to TFL?

Mizter T wrote:
On 26 Mar, 16:38, Vic Lilley wrote:
Motorist denied court hearings, asks Mayor where he stands

[snip]

I think you've got them bang to rights, your logic is completely
clear, absolutely impeccable and totally and utterly faultless.

I totally disagree. I see no evidence that PATAS is actually biased,
nor have I ever heard that allegation. The fact that PATAS is funded by
London Councils is not evidence that the adjudicators are biased. You
might as well argue that the Court of Appeal is biased because the
judges' salaries are paid by the government. If you look at the work of
PATAS you will find that they often agree with appellants and roundly
criticise the councils.

Setting aside the obscure legal arguments, what are your real concerns
about the operation of PATAS? Do you have any examples where bias has
been demonstrated? Is this all because you were caught not paying the
congestion charge 5 years ago? You go on about natural justice, but I'm
having difficulty understanding what the original injustice was that led
you down this path.

--
Richard J.